Handling and Storage Tips
To maximize your apple-eating experience, follow these easy tips for selecting, storing and preparing apples.
SelectionLook for apples that are bruise-free.
- Handle apples gently to prevent bruising.
- Select apples that are firm to the touch for the best flavor and crunchiness.
- Wash individually sold apples in cool water before serving.
- Store apples in the refrigerator to slow ripening and maintain flavor.
- Store apples away from strong-smelling foods to prevent them from absorbing unpleasant odors.
- Coat apple slices and dices in a mixture of one part lemon juice to three parts water ? or Vitamin C-fortified 100% apple juice ? to slow browning.